- 5 Day Course -
HELP in Basic Implants & Bone Grafting
Hands-on Experience with Live-patient Program
This course is designed to bridge the gap between theory and clinical reality. Recognizing that conventional didactic implant courses teach essentials of Oral implantology but at the same time create a void; one that can only be filled by practical experience under the direct supervision of Oral maxillofacial surgeons and Periodontists.
In this course, participants will receive essential practical experience in implantology through the placement of 10-12 implants under the supervision of a 3 ORAL SURGEONS. Each participant will also have the opportunity to observe a further 10-12 operations, via assistance to other colleagues from the group.
Lecture and hands-on sessions will be covered on the first two days of the course, followed by 3 days of intensive surgery under the guidance of our 3 highly experienced Oral Surgeons.
- Know how to manage soft tissues: flap designs, incision techniques and suturing principles.
- Learn spacing rules for single and multiple implant placement in partially edentulous patients.
- Understanding Basic protocols of implant insertion
- Knowing when to refer cases to specialists and how to comply with surgical standards of care
- Strengthening, refining and refreshing participants’ surgical skills and increasing their confidence levels
- Proper treatment planning and correct surgical approach
- Understanding managing post operative complications
- Distinguishing between all the various types and brands of bone graft materials
- Immediate Implant placement into a fresh extraction site*
- Patient selection and Treatment Planning
- Bone Graft and membrane materials: Which to use, where and why
DAY 1 – Arrival & Hotel Check-In
DAY 2 – Lecture & Hands-on, Dinner
DAY 3 – Lecture & Hands-on, Case Discussion, Dinner
DAY 4 – Live Surgery, Dinner
DAY 5 – Live Surgery, Dinner
DAY 6 – Live Surgery, Certification Ceremony, Graduation Dinner
DAY 7 – Hotel Check-Out & Transfer to Airport